April 26-28, 2019
Are you yearning to light the flame of your creative feminine life force?
Are you craving a connection to deeper states of joy and well-being?
Would you delight in bonding with women past and present through music, song and dance?
If so, this weekend retreat is for you!
Join us for a weekend of sacred dance and immerse yourself in movement, music and rituals from ancient lands. We will draw inspiration from indigenous traditions and authentic embodied spiritual practices, reawakening our ancestral connection to dance as a vehicle of transformative healing and embodied spirituality. No previous experience required.
This is where FORM meets SPIRIT. Come shake, spin and sway with us!
Over the course of the weekend you will:
~ Learn about dance and women’s spiritual leadership in the ancient world
~ Learn about authentic tribal dances and indigenous sacred movement traditions from the Middle East and beyond
~ Experience movement techniques designed to open your heart, awaken your body and uplift your spirit
~ Receive support, tools and resources to help you to integrate what you’ve learned as part of your own spiritual practice
You will dance away inspired and with a deeper sense of your own capacity for healing and transformation through dance and movement.
How you will benefit:
– greater flow, vibrancy and health in your body
– empowerment that comes from connecting to a lineage of ancient women’s healing traditions
– greater attunement to your sensual feminine energy
– release of stress and dis-ease in mind and body
– opening of the heart and connecting to your womb
– deeper connection to your inner wellspring of joy
– tools and practices you can take with you into your life
– new friendships and community of women
Retreat Fee: $450
* accommodations Friday thru Sunday at the beautiful Heartwood Retreat Center in Blue Ridge, Georgia (1.5 hrs from Atlanta GA)
* 6 nourishing meals, plus snacks and beverages
* a total of 9 hours of class instruction and practice Saturday and Sunday, plus other opportunities to learn and engage
* Friday and Saturday evening activities
* souvenirs and resources for you to take home
Schedule (subject to change):
Friday evening – meet-and-greet, storytelling, community sharing and dancing
Saturday morning – sacred movement practice and teachings
Saturday afternoon – instruction in traditional dance, songs, and rhythms
Saturday evening – sacred blessing circle, community sharing and dancing
Sunday morning – sacred movement practice and teachings
Sunday afternoon – reflections, sharing, closing ritual
Hannah Romanowsky, M.A., has been researching, embodying, and teaching women’s dances from the Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia for over two decades. As an internationally known dance artist and ethnochoreologist, her background in religious studies, women’s spiritual history, transpersonal psychology and somatic healing informs her understanding and approach to traditional dance as sacred expression and embodied medicine. Ms. Romanowsky is a sought-after instructor and presenter in the San Francisco bay area and beyond. She is known for her joyful and patient teaching style, breadth of knowledge, and ability to inspire curiosity and appreciation for our shared legacy of world embodied wisdom traditions. Hannah’s life-long devotion to dance as a vehicle of joy, healing, and transformation inspired her to found the DanceVersity multi-cultural youth arts education program in 2005, and the Scheherazade School of Dance and Sacred Movement in 2017. She is dedicated to serving her clients through cultivating beauty, well-being, and community through movement and music.